Beechwood, operating on a not-for-profit basis, will be governed efficiently and effectively in the spirit of public service for our community and our nation. Beechwood will ensure that, both at time of need and in perpetuity, it will be operated and maintained in the highest order in memory, honour and respect of those who have left this world before us.
Beechwood will be the leader in serving the funeral, cemetery, cremation and commemorative needs of the local community and all Canadians.
- Honour, celebrate and remember life by providing superior end-of-life services in a comforting environment, always striving to exceed the expectations of each family we serve
- Be a place for the living, a peaceful and serene place where all people can embrace life while honouring the lives of those who have come before us
- Grow in stature as a national place of tribute, and a means of preserving and promoting Ottawa’s and Canada’s rich and diverse heritage
- Reflect sustainability in preserving its beautiful natural landscape and architectural splendour, in keeping with its status as The National Cemetery of Canada and its designation as a National Historic Site
- Continue to be a symbol of Canada’s diversity
- Maintain a strong financial position, in order to carry out its Mission
Beechwood is guided by the following core values in its relations with families, partners, stakeholders and employees:
- Service Excellence
- Dignity and Respect
- Sensitivity and Compassion
- Open and Honest Communication