Owned by the Beechwood Cemetery Foundation and operated by The Beechwood Cemetery Company
The By-laws governing the operations of The Beechwood Cemetery as stated herein are based on experience acquired in cemetery management since 1873. Our objective is to protect, beautify and ensure respectful care of all graves, mausolea, chapel, columbaria, crematoria and other cemetery facilities.
These by-laws are the rules and regulations that govern Beechwood Cemetery and have been approved by the Registrar of Cemeteries, FBCSA, Cemeteries Regulations Unit, Ministry of Consumer Services.
- By-laws Governing the Operations of Beechwood Cemetery (PDF)
- By-laws Governing the Operations of the Beechwood Crematorium (PDF)
Quick Reference Documents
- By-laws Quick Reference guide - Understanding the Care for your Lot (PDF)
- Burial Rights FAQs. (PDF)
- Internments at Beechwood Cemetery
Beechwood Cemetery Company operates under the following licenses:
- Beechwood Cemetery Company - 329056
- Beechwood Funeral Services - FE-1071 - Funeral Establishment Operator - Class 1
Beechwood Cremation Services - CR-02946 - Crematorium Operator
- Beechwood Cemetery Services - CM-02946 - Cemetery Operator
If you require any additional information about the licenses, please visit the Bereavement Authority of Ontario website.
The Bereavement Authority of Ontario(BAO) is a government delegated authority administering provisions of the Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002 (FBCSA) on behalf of the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services. Responsible for protection of the public interest, the BAO regulates and supports licensed: funeral establishment operators, directors and preplanners; cemetery, crematorium and alternative disposition operators; transfer service operators; and bereavement sector sales representatives across Ontario. The BAO is wholly funded by licensee fees (not tax dollars).