Make A Donation
Make a Donation to the Beechwood Cemetery Foundation
The Beechwood Cemetery Foundation needs your support to fund the diverse community projects and programs that assist in maintaining Beechwood as a National Historic Site and the National Cemetery of Canada, ensuring that this historic property will be maintained in the highest order for centuries to come.
Examples of programs and events that have been funded, in whole or part, by the work of the Foundation and by its many partners are as follows:
- a capital fundraising campaign to purchase improvements for the Beechwood National Memorial Centre. With generous contributions and pledges from Canadians, the Foundation was able to obtain original Canadian artwork, outdoor lighting, parking and landscaping enhancements, audio and video equipment, a baby grand piano, fitments for the Hall of Colours and an Ablution Room for the Muslim community;
- the creation of Poet’s Hill – an outdoor stage for our nation’s literary appreciation, commemoration and reflection;
- the preservation of Macoun Marsh, a unique urban wetland and outdoor classroom; and
- the creation of the Élisabeth Bruyère/St. Marguerite d’Youville Monument, which has become a tool to educate school children and the public about the many benevolent contributions made by the Sisters of Charity.
Looking forward, funds raised by the Foundation will continue to help
- support the free community programs, activities and events that are hosted at Beechwood;
- produce Beechwood’s quarterly newsletter, THE BEECHWOOD WAY;
- protect the Macoun Marsh, a unique urban wetland;
- fund continued development of the historical profiles about famous people buried at Beechwood. To date more than 50 plaques have been installed throughout the cemetery; and
- to support the various free self-guided and guided group tour programs, including a free self-guided tour pamphlet that can be picked up at reception or a free digital version, which can be downloaded here .
As a registered Canadian charity, Beechwood issues an income tax receipt for donations of $20 or more. Our charitable registration number is 88811 2018 RR0001.
Download the PDF donation form here.